Ginger’s advocacy and outreach efforts have lead her to host veteran roundtable discussions in Annapolis, Maryland with state Veterans Agencies and elected representatives. She facilitates workshops for veteran caregivers and frequently receives invitations to speak at various government agencies including the U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, HUD, and the Secret Service. In March of 2010 Ginger was invited by Senator Patricia Murray of the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs to advocate with U.S. senators at a press conference to save potential cuts to the HUD VASH Program.
In the summer of 2011, Ginger started Women Veterans Interactive, a division of John 14:2, Inc that is dedicated to serving and supporting women veterans while meeting them at their points of need. In March 2012, Women Veterans Interactive received a Governor’s Citation from Governor O’Malley for the dedication and service to women veterans. Since the inception of Women Veterans Interactive, the organization has supported over 500 women veterans through outreach and support services.
Keeping in the spirit of service, Ginger currently volunteers her time to serve our nation’s veterans through several state and local appointments to include Chairwoman of the Prince George’s County Veterans Commission, Commissioner of the Maryland Commission for Women, Member of the Maryland Veterans Resilience Advisor Council, Maryland Minority Business Economic Advisory Committee, and is a member of the Maryland Caregivers Support Coordinating Council.
More Information About Ginger Miller…
The White House Champion Of Change Award
Ginger was honored with the White House Champion of Change Award for Women Veterans in March of 2013 and Veterans Champion Award by the United Black Fund, Inc in July 2012. The DAV September-October 2011 issue highlight’s Ginger as the President and CEO of John 12:2, Inc discussing issues as it relates to women veterans at the 2011 Women Veterans Summit. Ginger is featured as a “Woman of Valor” in the December 2011 issue of Essence Magazine. In February 2012 the Washington Wizards honored Ginger and John 14:2, Inc. Ms. Miller was featured in the Washington Post as she supported John 14:2, Inc’s Women Veterans Lunch on December 27, 2011. The Prince George’s County Gazette featured articles on Ginger advocating for homeless veterans on November 5, 2009 and December 10, 2009.
Ginger served in the U.S. Navy from 1989 to 1992, received a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, and is currently simultaneously pursuing a master’s degree in nonprofit management and master’s of business administration at the University of Maryland University College.
She enjoys spending quality time with her husband of 23 years, William Miller, and her two sons, William Jr. and Andre James. Ginger enjoys meeting people, traveling, watching movies, and attending church.
- March 2015
Small Nonprofit Innovator
Baltimore City Chamber of Commerce
- March 2015
2015 American Odyssey Women Warrior
- 13th Annual Diversity Journal Women Worth Watching
- 2014 Toyota Working Woman Honoree
- County Executive Volunteer of the Year Prince George’s County, MD Executive Maryland Rusher Baker
- Woman Veterans of the Year 2014 State of Maryland Women Veterans Business Conference
- Governor’s Service Award 2013: Governor Martin O’Malley
- Women of Achievement Award 2013 Business and Professional Women Maryland
- Military Spouse CEO AUSA Award Military Spouse AUSA
- Woman Veteran Champion of Change The White House and First Lady Michelle Obama
- Veteran Champion Award 2012 United Black Fund, Inc.
- Military Community Pillar 2012 Washington Wizard
- Woman of Valor 2011 Essence Magazine
- Advisory Committee on Minority Veterans at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Chairwoman Prince George’s County Commission for Veterans
- Commissioner Maryland Commission for Women
- Advisory Council member of the Maryland Veterans Resilience Initiative
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Energy
- National Security Agency
- Internal Revenue Service
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of HomelandSecurity
- U.S. Secret Service
- United States Naval Academy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Lyons New Jersey
- State of Delaware
- Pentagon DOD Senior Professional Women’s Association
- DC National Guard Joint NAGUS and EANGUS Conference
- 4th Annual WAVE Women As Veteran Entrepreneurs
- Montgomery County 2013 Affordable HousingConference
- 2013 GE Veterans Network National Summit and a Senate Press Conference 2010
- Defense News
- Fox 5 DC
- News Channel 4 DC
- Washington Post
- LA Times
- Prince George’s County Gazette
- DAV Magazine
- Essence and TIME Magazines.